• Italiano
  • Deutsch
  • Fran├žaise
History

History

The Pieve del Ballatoio is supported by documentary evidence with a 1188 Papal bull by Pope Clement III and 1276 "Decimari". It lay on the road to Vallerona, on the land currently called La Pieve. There surely was a Baptismal church dedicated to Saint John the Baptist and, according to tradition, there was also a convent belonging to an unknown religious family.

In the 14th century the Pieve jurisdiction passed on to the Stribugliano Parish, that, at the time, had the same title. It was then sold and its historical traces were lost for years until post-war years, when it became property of the Petri family. Today, after a significant renovation work, it is a wonderful and peaceful farm holiday resort.